Remote Access Solution Pre-Implementation Checklist
You’re reviewing options for providing your user community with remote access to network applications and data. However, before you begin comparing remote access solutions, take a moment to consider the following factors in your decision:
- What are your goals?
- How will implementing a remote access solution improve your current delivery of technology to end users?
- What specific uses will be made of the system?
- How will the community benefit as a whole?
- What applications do you want to make accessible? (Don’t forget about phone system access!)
- Do you need varying levels of security for different types of users?
- Is 24×7 access critical, or should your solution be geared toward peak access times?
- Do you need to connect remotely from multiple locations on one site, or mainly from off-site locations?
- Is access from mobile devices (such as smartphones) required, or only from desktops/thin clients?
Your ideal solution will differ depending on whether your goal is keeping costs down or easily managing a complex environment. ASC Group implements a variety of solutions to meet different budget levels.
- Do you have enough IT staff to manage remote access system maintenance and troubleshooting? Outsourcing this support may be a good option.
- In your area, do users have easy access to an Internet connection when not on site?
- Are users provided with laptops for remote access, or will they use their own laptops/PCs to connect?
Just like any other project, a remote access solution should have a project plan, objectives, and timelines. For assistance with constructing a remote access solution plan, contact ASC Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 924-9833 x133.